Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Contract
This HireStrategy client is seeking an Events Assistant, with previous event coordination experience. Required skills include excellent organizational capabilities, the ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a project-heavy, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a passion for the entertainment business and artists, high-level attention to detail, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to navigate shifting situations and last-minute changes.
- Serve as a representative and point of contact at events on-site and off-site.
- Administrative duties include answering phones, heavy meeting and schedule coordination, heavy email correspondence, and some travel coordination.
- Maintain the master events and screening room calendar and actively communicate with the appropriate teams to constantly provide real-time updates.
- Assist and collaborate with the Manager of Events to maintain and track all event logistics including but not limited to: facilities, staffing, catering, valet, and outside vendor management.
- Research new vendors and maintain current vendor relationships.
- Assist in high volume execution of onsite and offsite events including but not limited to: scheduling and participating in event production meetings, drafting and emailing event invitations and run of shows, tracking RSVP’s, compiling guest lists, and checking in guests.
- Create, update, and maintain tastemaker lists (film, tv, etc.).
- Create check requests, get appropriate signatures/approval, track payments and invoices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal departments and key stakeholders.
- Interface with external guests which include high-profile clients, managers, publicists and executives.
- Assist with special projects, research and compiling information as needed.
- Ability to adjust to working various longer hours over a consistent period to cover screenings, receptions, and on-site events.
- 1-2 years’ experience in event production (particularly in a creative/entertainment industry)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, InDesign, Keynote)
- General business knowledge, extensive knowledge of social media platforms, and interest in media and entertainment business
- Ability to be self-sufficient and make appropriate judgment calls on catering, décor, and general event needs.
- Strong problem-solving, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against tight deadlines.
- Ability to jump on projects at a moment’s notice.
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree required