Back to Results
Communication Center Operator I (5 openings)
Location: Houston Region
Employment Type: Contract
Communication Operator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering and directing incoming calls in professional and courteous manner.
- Processes various message requests in a timely manner for on call physicians and individuals across various services and departments across all 3 hospitals.
- Assists in the maintenance of contact information and on call schedules.
- Provide support for pager issuance, activation/deactivation, swaps, inventory.
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills especially in dealing with upset or irate callers or staff.
Communication Operator Requirements:
- Ability to answer calls in a fast paced, detail oriented environment.
- Flexibility to work over-time and work on Saturday and Sundays
- At least one year of experience as a telephone switchboard operator.
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Previous experience on PBX phone system (Avaya preferred) and paging technology is highly desired