Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is in need of an AP/AR Specialist in the Washington, DC metro area.
- The AP/AR Specialist disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- The AP/AR Specialist will ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts.
- The AP/AR Specialist will keep track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, checks, refund requisitions etc. in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- The AP/AR Specialist will support logistics department with procurement of 4 million annually with an average order size of 3k/order.
- The AP/AR Specialist will research and respond to inquiries sent to accounts payable via e-mail, phone or in-person, in accordance with service level agreements.
- The AP/AR Specialist will conduct vendor statement reviews and obtain missing invoices and credit memos.
- The AP/AR Specialist will escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure outstanding customer service.
- The AP/AR Specialist will provide general support for 1099 reporting.
- Make daily collection calls
- Conduct account research and analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Maintain an accurate aging report
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
- Send statement to outstanding customers
- Reconcile A/R to the G/L
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
- 1-3 years of AP and/or AR experience
- Experience with Costpoint, Great Plains, PeachTree, or another large ERP.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting or Finance
- Someone who is diligent/detailed oriented, team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision