Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is currently seeking a Software Quality Analyst to join our ground-breaking software development team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing new and existing features on multiple platforms and devices in an Agile-like software development environment, all while being empowered to contribute to a unique and collaborative work environment.
- Assist with owning a robust testing strategy with the ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability as necessary.
- Maintain a schedule for testing tasks while tracking completion dates and managing risk mitigation strategies.
- Communicate project direction to the disciplines and ensure that they are aware of pertinent information and priorities.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the products, critical issues, and ensuring a high standard of entry and bug severity.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly velocity reports and daily reports where necessary.
- Resilient personality to be able to continuously push our development team to comply with our healthcare partners in government regulations & industry standards
- Be a part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in digital health
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the software development industry as a Tester, Test Lead, or Quality Analyst
- Passion for testing with a rich understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience with off-site QA vendors and developing test plans all while promoting project visibility
- Ownership over product submissions and releases
- A keen eye for identifying risks associated with any request to deviate from known test processes
- Passionate about new cross-industry products, especially with new technology and mediums
- An understanding of software development processes
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to recognize test case deficiencies and propose improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced tester with the ability to rapidly familiarize with game-play elements
- High standards of work, adaptability, and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian products and proficiency with web-based automation tools like Selenium
- Knowledge of Project Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Advanced technical proficiency and an understanding of different platforms, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Advanced knowledge of departmental processes