Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Position: Warehouse Shipping/ Receiving Clerk
Summary/Objective The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operates hand trucks, pallet jacks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
2. Operates the stretch wrap and poly-strap banders.
3. Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
4. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies utilizing RF/ Scan Gun
5. Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
6. Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
7. Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
8. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
9. Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
10. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
11. Required to make pick-ups and deliveries between buildings for parts and raw materials using a company van.
1. Organizational Skills.
2. Technical Capacity.
5. Time Management.
6. Communication Proficiency
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a Temporary (Hourly) position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum of a High School education and two years of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
2. Ability to read, write and speak English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
3. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) software programs used in this job preferred.
2. Consistent experience using a RF/ Scan Gun in a variety of warehouse environments