Back to Results
Location: Philadelphia Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client’s objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value they bring to their organization. They are seeking a Solution Architect to take on the following responsibilities:
- Capture, documentation and verification of the existing IT solutions (applications and interfaces, and associated underlying technologies) currently used across the various individual Region or Business Unit
- Ensure that existing IT solutions details are all correctly captured in the global solutions inventories.
- Analysis of the current technical health of these various systems, and their associated interfaces, and production of recommendations for any technical remediation required.
- Impact assessment, and identification and specification of any IT solutions changes required to enable the introduction of the proposed process changes identified by the BPM Blueprint team.
- Analysis of the current functional fit of these various systems, regards their current suitability to support the business requirements and processes across the various regions, and identification and proposal of any potential further changes to improve same.
- To lead on the quantification as to the size/complexity and associated timescales/costs required to delivery these various IT solution changes.
- Production of recommendations regards any potential systems rationalization and consolidation opportunities that may exist.
- Ensuring any solutions in their area conforms to overall strategy.
- Understand and interpret requirements, probing for information, listening to information, influencing people, facilitate consensus building, synthesize and translate ideas into actionable requirements, articulate those ideas to others.
- Participate in the discovery and documentation of the business scenarios that are driving the solution.
- Take requirements and develop well-formulated models of the components of the solution, augmenting the models as necessary to fit all of the circumstances, showing multiple views through models in order to communicate the ideas effectively.
- The architect is responsible for the overall architecture integrity and maintaining the vision of the offering from an architectural perspective.
- Ensure leverage opportunities are identified, using building blocks, and is a liaison between the functional groups to ensure that the leverage opportunities are realized.
- Provides and maintain models as a framework for understanding the domain(s), guiding what should be done within the organization, or outside the organization.
- Represent the organization view of the architecture by understanding all the necessary components.
- Validate, refine, and expand the models by verifing assumptions (bring in subject matter experts, etc.) in order to improve the model and to further define it, adding any new ideas to make the result more flexible and more aligned to current and expected requirements.
- Assess the value of enhancing the architecture emanating from field work, incorporating these into the architecture models as appropriate.
- Manage the architecture by continuously monitoring the models and update them as necessary to show changes, additions, and alterations.
- Represent architecture and issues during development and decision points of the program.
- Be an "agent of change", representing that need for the implementation of the architecture.
- Continuously foster the sharing of customer, architecture, and technical information between the broader organization
- Identify the architectural capability alignment to each Business Unit that focuses on the specific functionality required to deliver business requirements. Importantly also agrees the nonfunctional requirements (performance, availability and scalability etc..)
- Each Solutions Architect will be responsible for leading and managing the additional IT resources that are aligned to each individual Business Unit, and which perform solutions analysis, architecture & design roles
- Several years of experience in architecture roles which have covered significant IT implementations
- A broad understanding of business, application, technology and data architecture, with depth in one or two of those areas
- Awareness of formal modelling practices such as UML or BPMN/BPEL would be useful but not mandatory
- An understanding of architecture framework(s) would be beneficial
- Experience of integration concepts, SOA & Web Services and SharePoint would be beneficial
- Experience of presenting to staff at all levels
- Report writing
- Full TOGAF certification is preferred
- Use of architecture toolsets, and the production and use of UML artefacts
- Highly collaborative and able to pull information from others with minimal impact / oversight
- Familiarity with the Insurance Market, including a good awareness of business processes, issues and initiatives, is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Influencing, building and maintaining relationships
- Self-starter, with the ability to effectively prioritize, manage and complete multiple items