Back to Results
Legislative Analyst (Legal Editor|Data Entry)
Location: Washington DC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This HireStrategy client is searching for a Legislative Analyst to assist 3-6 state legislative directors. The ideal candidate has knowledge of state legislative and regulatory processes, strong writing and communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Screens and analyzes thousands of state bills and prepare legislative, adjournment and special bulletins based on review and digest of state legislation and regulations
- Perform backup work for state legislative directors ranging from extensive contact with local representatives and member companies to handling any problems that arise while a legislative director is out of the office such as responding to inquiries from member companies
- Keep informed of any development in the area of assigned subject matter. Assist person with primary responsibility and answer any inquiries
- Perform legal or legislative research for either internal or external use. Complete any special projects and assist legislative directors in drafting proposed legislation or regulations
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of developing and analyzing public policies and monitoring fiscal impact.
- Knowledge of analyzing legislation.
- Knowledge of making recommendations for continuation or changes to operations, programs, services, policies or procedures based on findings.
- Knowledge of using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases.
- Knowledge of narrative report writing.