Back to Results
Senior Accounting & Reporting Manager
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Addison group has partnered with a mid-cities manufacturer in search of a Senior Accounting Manager. This position is a supervisory role who will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations. This person will manage the payroll and benefits function, monthly closing of accounts including journal entry review, prepare internal and external financial statements, review tax returns for accurate reporting and compliance with tax regulations, in addition to, work closely with the external auditors for year end. The Senior Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the VP and Corporate Controller and others in the organization in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls. This role will lead M & A due diligence, as well as, develop the accounting and reporting for new business units. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with manufacturing or distribution experience and the desire to work with a growing team!
- Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of 4 years public accounting experience and 4 years minimum industry experience with a distribution and/or manufacturing company, preferably in the consumer goods industry but not required.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Ability to translate data analysis into financial concepts and information to members of the management team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Experience in processing or managing payroll and benefits knowledge.
- Three years managerial skills and experience.
- Oracle EBS preferred but not required.
- Works independently, displays readiness to undertake or instigate projects on his or her own.
- Strong mathematical and data analytical skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Self-starter and creative problem solver.
- Advanced organization skills with attention to detail, prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- CPA, big 4 background preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Hands on. Should have experience leading month-end close, reviewing journal entries and team’s month-end close work and analysis, commission payments, sales and income tax, working with auditors for year-end audit, payroll, etc.