Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for month-end close responsibilities (consolidated and at entity level), reconcile general ledger accounts, automate and improve existing processes, and assist with ad-hoc projects across the Finance function. Seeking someone who is motivated to improve and manage processes across the GL function as well as other Finance roles.
- Perform complete month-end and year-end accounting close process.
- Prepare and Analyze departmental financial results/financial statements (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts (e.g. streamline process and improve uniformity of reconciliation procedures)
- Perform monthly journal entries and reconciliations of the general ledger accounts, bank and investment accounts.
- Review inter-company entries and accounting currencies.
- Manage accounts payable, expenses, and related functions.
- Prepare technical accounting analysis as needed (e.g. lease accounting, stock-based compensation, ASC 605-25 multiple element arrangements, ASC 606 implementation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Minimum three years of general ledger accounting combo of corp/public
- CPA or active CPA candidate, preferred
- Demonstrates strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to resolve accounting issues or inconsistencies and prepare financial analysis
- Strong independent contributor, who will also align with team goals
- Effectively demonstrate time management and ability to meet deadline