Back to Results
Staff Accountant (Billing Emphasis)
Location: Boston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Participate in month-end close activities and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for assigned general ledger accounts in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Manage fixed asset and prepaid ledgers in addition to bank reconciliations and accruals
- Perform general ledger account and variance analysis at request of management.
- Ensure integrity of the financials at both subsidiary and consolidated levels.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements – balance sheet, P&L.
- Back up to other team members, as needed, and provide cross-training to other team members on assigned areas.
- Proactively identify issues causing inefficiencies and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes, including cross accounting system integration and automation.
- Assist in annual audit and prepare audit schedules as necessary.
- Complete special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of previous experience
- Strong Excel skills.