Back to Results
Senior Systems Administrator
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator (Red Hat Linux)
LOCATION: Jersey City, NJ
Main Skills: Red Hat Linux, Data Center, Network, Windows, Active Directory, VM Ware, Virtualization, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Cisco.
Maintain the health of the network and server systems at the Datacenter and Disaster Recovery site. Plan for future growth, implement improvements as necessary and investigate new technologies. Will report to the Network Systems Manager.
- Establish procedures for proper operation and maintenance of network equipment and servers, operating systems and system applications; document and periodically update LAN, WAN, network equipment and server configurations; test fail-over systems for proper operation at scheduled intervals;
- Design, plan and implement all necessary upgrades and changes to network and server systems; manage all projects assigned to them and their subordinates and meet all required deadlines; coordinate with the security information officer and IT audit officer to insure compliance with recommended security practices and department and organizational policies; educate department managers and general users in required and recommended Information Technology practices; keep the network physical plant, including server room, in good condition.
- Provides 1st (phone) and 2nd level desktop support; may also provide 3rd level (escalated) support based on experience; maintains the hardware and software inventories.
Oversee 1st level support team in the area of responsibilities – network systems; Develop the scope and operations of this area with management. Oversee the primary and secondary network and systems located at in NJ, California and Europe
- Reviews and modifies existing, and establishes new procedures as required for proper operation of the Bank’s network equipment and servers, operating systems and system applications.
- Responds to network and server alerts and resolves or escalates and tracks problems to resolution.
- Configures existing and new network and server equipment to established department standards.
- Investigates network and server problems and provide fixes. Escalates to vendors as required.
- Keeps network equipment and servers updated to the latest operating systems service pack and hot fix level.
- Maintains fault tolerant systems and tests on a regular basis. Updates and maintains the Bank’s disaster recovery site as needed. Coordinates with the Disaster Recovery coordinator for disaster testing.
- Change management, Deployment management.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains Servers, PC hardware, software and printers
- Provides helpdesk support to resolve complex technical hardware and software problems
- Assists in network planning, design, installation and maintenance.
- Performs installation, configuration and documentation of server applications as directed.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with previous and current Red Hat Linux operating systems and applications.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining Server and PC hardware and Operating Systems, software and printers.
- Hands-on knowledge and management experience of Java based applications or installations including JVM configuration, management and tuning.
- Web Service administration, management and tuning experience (J boss, WebLogic, Apache, IIS)
- Virtualization experience (VMWare preferred).
Preferred Optional Skill Sets (not required but very beneficial)
- RHCSA or RHCE certification preferred, CCNA certification preferred. 5 years’ hands-on experience with Cisco routers, firewalls and switches. 5 years’ experience with the latest Microsoft operating systems and applications. Active Directory administration experience. Strong knowledge of network management. ITIL certification preferred. SPLUNK administration and management experience, ANSIBLE experience, Site Minder administration, management and tuning experience. Monitoring and Alerting systems (Open NMS, SPLUNK). Messaging experience (MS Exchange).