Our client, a well-established privately held oil and gas company, is seeking an Oil and Gas Staff Accountant. If you have 3+ years of oil and gas accounting experience and want to continue expanding your knowledge this is a great opportunity for you. Company offers great environment and benefits! Apply now!
- Code/enter inbound invoices and JIB statements.
- Financial reporting and closing duties.
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Assist in creation, maintenance, and monitoring of physical and digital record storage for the accounting department.
- Assist with accounting department mail-outs, including AP and royalty payments, JIB statements, 1099 and miscellaneous communications.
- Record hedging related entries.
- Variance analysis.
- Assist with fixed assets depreciation schedules.
- Prepare accounting memos.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Five plus years oil and gas accounting experience with energy industry knowledge and terminology
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers
- Ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner
- Ability to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish job priorities
- Proficient in fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
- Initiative to consistently meet internal and external deadlines
- Degree in Accounting or other related business degree; five plus years oil and gas accounting experience with industry knowledge and terminology will be considered in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel