Back to Results
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Addison Group is assisting a central Dallas manufacturer with their search for an Accounting Manager. This role will ensure that the consolidated financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in a timely and accurate manner, take the lead on special projects, work closely with the management team on M&A activities and various other accounting-related tasks. In addition, this person will supervise the entire accounting department. The ideal candidate will have their CPA certification and 5+ years of accounting experience in a leadership role.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze financial records for the company ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Identify, evaluate and explain significant variances from plan, forecast and prior year. Identify errors and omissions and make corrections where required.
- Review and analyze general ledger account activity, computation and testing of accruals and deferrals. Prepare SG&A allocation. Assist the Controller in ensuring adherence to GAAP, adherence to SOX requirements, writing financial policies and procedures, and the evaluation of internal control.
- Maintenance of the accounting system including the chart of accounts, cost centers, new accounts, etc. Run month end processes from our accounting system and review financial month end interface reports to ensure all is reconciled before posting to the accounting system. Ensure the accounting system is ready for month end journal entries to be posted before staff arrive on Day 1 of close.
- Prepare and maintain all information for the semi-monthly salaried payroll including keying the information into the payroll processing system (ADP) and, for the 401k, into the web portal system (Charles Schwab). Must maintain the highest degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Prepare various financial and tax reports which includes research to identify all pertinent information and data in the accounting system and extracting it to excel. Some of these reports are regular monthly reports but many requests come from the parent company on an ad hoc basis and requires timely responses.
- Maintain all bank account activity, prepare daily cash activity including recommended payments or advances on the credit line, prepare wire transfers and reconcile all bank accounts monthly.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports, complete the review form and make recommendations for rate increases. Recommend new hires, wage adjustments, promotions, demotions, terminations, layoff, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Others related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA.
- Five to seven years related experience and at least three years at an assistant controller level or high level managerial role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP with direct experience in SOX highly preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting systems and Microsoft Office. Advanced knowledge of excel (vlookups, pivot tables, conditional formulas, macros, etc.) highly preferred.
- Very high level of integrity and maturity as the individual will be responsible for highly confidential information and will need to successfully interact with all levels of personnel within the company.
- High level of attention to detail and demonstrated aptitude for identifying and solving problems.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.