Back to Results
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Addison Group has exclusively partnered with a national health insurance client in search of a sharp Statutory Accountant. The Statutory Accountant is responsible for:
- General Accounting
- Statutory Accounting
- Investment Accounting
- Performing monthly closing processes including preparing/posting journal entries
- Preparing the monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis to and researching variances for resolution
- Preparing or assisting quarterly and annual statutory statements including schedules and exhibits prepared in accordance with statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Assisting the preparation of audited statutory financial statements including footnotes
- Supporting other regulatory reporting requirements as needed
- Identifying and recommending continuous process improvements
- Responding to requests from external auditors and other external organizations.
- Preparing and/or assisting state pages, state premium tax returns, and other state regulatory filings.
- Communication with multiple brokers and state banks
- Back office duties for the trading desk
Experience with Blue Book, Yellow Book, and STAT principles highly preferred.