Back to Results
Location: Denver Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
The SEC Reporting Consultant is a key hire within the accounting organization for one of our large clients in Denver, CO. Responsible for external reporting (including but not limited to Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and Annual Proxy Statement) technical review of accounting issues to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements and SOX 404.
- Preparation of the periodic reports, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report and all other SEC filing documents in compliance with all SEC and US GAAP disclosing requirements.
- Act as a primary technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving, documenting, and communicating technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions and communicate required treatment and entries to accounting staff.
- Continuously monitor, document and communicate the development of new accounting standards, interpretations, and emerging guidance to the finance organization, including current and future impact on the company.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting, SOX controls and testing, and other year-end projects as needed.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- 7+ years related professional accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, share-based compensation accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, foreign currency transactions and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Enthusiastic individual driven to continuously strive for excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve and work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadlines