Back to Results
Location: Oklahoma City Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
A rapidly growing distribution company in the OKC metro is looking to add a Buyer to their team! This person will be responsible for purchasing merchandise while focusing on price terms, product availability and popular trends. APPLY TODAY!
- Review inventory daily.
- Meet vendors as needed with the Merchandise Manager to determine product selection, pricing and terms.
- Issue purchase orders as needed to maintain 10 turns annually.
- Follow up on purchase orders.
- Expedite orders.
- Verify shortages, back orders & mis-ships.
- Initiate product research for any customer requests and special orders.
- Purchase and expedite drop-ships from vendors to customers.
- Maintain operating system for current inventory costs, special pricing and vendor information.
- Set up new vendors and products in operating system.
- Perform physical inventory; assist in count, research discrepancies, and enter all necessary adjustments if requested.
- Research any shortages/overages and negative on-hand quantities.
- Review and maintain satisfactory profit margins on cost vs. sell prices.
- Review new vendor price lists for new products and price updates.
- Check back order report for products available to ship.
- Maintain vendor file/literature.
- Execute monthly reports for review/reference.
- Backorder report.
- Strong involvement in the development of our Catalog.
- Good communication with marketing department, updating products and upgrades.
- Remains familiar and compliant with all company policies and procedures in the performance of job duties and regarding individual activities and behaviors.
- Maintains acceptable attendance in accordance with company policies and departmental standards.
- Conducts self in a professional, courteous, respectful and friendly manner at all times when interacting with coworkers, clients or vendors.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Marketing or related field, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years purchasing/buying experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Follow-up and follow-through capabilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office with strong Excel and data entry skills.