Back to Results
Senior Tax Accountant
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Summary: The Senior Tax Accountant provides management with various tax information by researching and analyzing accounts, and participates in tax filing for both federal/state. The Senior Tax Accountant will be relied upon to manage the day to day function of tax planning and compliance in the accounting operations.
- Prepares transaction taxes (e.g., sales & use, property tax, etc.).
- Prepares annual ASC 740/SFAS 109 provision
- Participates in tax information gathering and M-1 calculations as part of year-end compliance.
- Performs initial calculation and review of quarterly estimates and projections.
- Drafts initial responses to federal/state notices.
- Liaises with external tax professionals to ensure timely compliance.
- Prepares month end journal entries – recurring and general.
- Reconciles Tax Balance Sheet Accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Completes sales and use tax forms and makes relevant payments.
- Files property tax and all other tax related forms.
- Works with other staff accountants and departments to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or Business Related field.
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years of tax accounting experience