Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is in need of an AP Specialist in the Washington, DC metro area. Our client is one the top behavioral research organizations in the world. Their mission is to improve the lives of the less fortunate.
- The AP Specialist disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- The AP Specialist will ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts.
- The AP Specialist will keep track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, checks, refund requisitions etc. in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- The AP Specialist will support logistics department with procurement of 4 million annually with an average order size of 3k/order.
- The AP Specialist will research and respond to inquiries sent to accounts payable via e-mail, phone or in-person, in accordance with service level agreements.
- The AP Specialist will conduct vendor statement reviews and obtain missing invoices and credit memos.
- The AP Specialist will escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure outstanding customer service.
- The AP Specialist will provide general support for 1099 reporting.
- 1-3 years of AP experience
- Experience with Costpoint, Great Plains, or Peachtree
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting or Finance
- Someone who is diligent/detailed oriented, team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision