Back to Results
Manager Mergers and Acquistions
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Manager Mergers and Acquistions for their client in McLean, VA
- Work collaboratively with the business unit, business development, corporate financial reporting, technical accounting and external valuation vendor teams.
- Prepare or in-depth review of purchase price allocation used in business combination primarily around intangibles valuation, selection of methodology, estimates and assumptions used for both M&A as well as commercial transactions. Consider and evaluate the impact of acceptable alternative approaches.
- Work closely with transaction sponsor to develop an understanding of the nature of M&A and commercial transactions, provide structuring advice, propose acceptable alternatives and ensure the timely completion of white papers.
- Understand, analyze and write technical white papers for M&A and commercial transactions in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards, including business combinations, joint ventures, equity method investments, cost method investments and consolidations. Develop corporate wide policy, and support adoption. Evaluate implications of proposed M&A, consolidation and related accounting standards.
- Maintain and enhance processes, methodologies, estimates and assumptions to streamline work efforts throughout department and other impacted areas.
- Preparation/ support/ review of annual goodwill testing and impairment of long-lived assets
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance SoX 404 controls around M&A and business valuation
- Conduct peer reviews and benchmarking to help assess current methodologies, proposed methodologies and/or positions are in line with current industry practice and to apply enhance best practices.
- Coordinate with and respond to external auditors to provide support for work performed.
- 4-7+ years accounting experience
- Strong experience and deep understanding of ASC 360, ASC 805, ASC 820, and ASC350
- 4-6 years combination of business valuation and audit experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities
- Solid knowledge of business valuation, including purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment and Long-Lived assets impairment
- Experience of preparing and reviewing valuation models under different income and market valuation approaches as well as involvement in due diligence
- Big Four experience is highly preferred
- Prior experience with acquisitions business combination is a plus
- CPA preferred
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented with strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently with business partners and outside vendors to resolve accounting/ reporting issues
- Must be comfortable partnering with staff and management and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Analytical and research abilities
- Compile statistics and reports
- Strong analytical skills, modeling and data manipulation skills with attention to detail while maintaining the bigger picture
- Strong process and project management skills with outstanding work ethics and can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently