Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position will have accounting and reporting responsibility for entities involved in the origination of development and construction or acquisition, together with companies involved in providing services for the operation.
- Able to research and apply U.S. GAAP and IFRS technical accounting guidance or other accounting standards to support the accounting treatment of transactions, particularly when these may differ from local/statutory reporting requirements.Full accounting and general ledger responsibility including preparation of standalone and consolidated financial statements for multiple asset origination entities.
- Read, interpret and properly account for project and transaction documents.
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations on a monthly basis in US dollars, and foreign base currencies where needed.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, year-end and special project deadlines and requirements are met.
- Hands on use, data entry and navigation of general ledger and reporting software.
- Maintain schedules to support income tax filing requirements.
- Set-up and maintain the accounting and permanent files for existing and new legal entities, investments, and project bank financing on a current basis.
- Assist with corporate audit as it relates to entities.
- Calculate interest and principal payment obligations, prepare bank notices, analyze project and debt facilities and interact with third party bank lenders.
- Participate in preparation of annual and capital budgets and periodic net revenue, and cash forecasts.
- Prepare management accounts for service companies comparing actual results to budget.
- Document and account for new companies including developing purchase accounting journal entries and writing accounting memoranda.
- Assist in the tracking of capital spending against approved CAR’s (capital approval requests).
- Prepare monthly unaudited financial statements. Full responsibility for all internal, investor, lender reporting.
- Special projects and additional responsibilities as necessary.
- College degree required. BS degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of coursework and experience is required.
- CPA and public accounting experience is a plus.