Back to Results
Staff Accountant - AP
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Staff Account, Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is a critical role that assists in the day-to-day delivery of the organization’s accounting policies, procedures, and contracts. Your primary responsibilities include disbursements, AP, expense reporting, reconciliations, vendor reporting, credit and bank applications and other duties as needed. This position reports directly to the Controller.
- Lead all vendor payables recording, reconciliation, and payments according to internal department deadlines and needs.
- Prepare for regular review of cash/ AP disbursements journals
- Assist other department staff in the preparation of expense reports for funders and funding agencies
- Reconcile and report balances for vendor and expense activity for external and internal budgets and activity reporting in concert with other Accounting functions and company departments
- Maintain expense-related lists, forms, and accounting information structures with the guidance and assistance of the Controller
- Complete, or assist in the completion of, credit and banking applications or instruments (such as bank and credit card accounts) as needed
- Maintenance and analysis of accounting records
- Assist with the preparation of accounting schedules, reports and financial statements monthly and as needed
- Assist with annual audit preparation/ schedules for external auditors
- 2-3 years of experience