Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is looking to add a temporary auditor to their team! An ideal candidate would have experience in planning and conducting internal audits in addition to compliance with audit standards / related statues. Active involvement in activities such as the preparation of detailed programs for audits, the review of financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards
- Preparing for an audit by researching and organizing all pertinent information, e.g. prior audits, procedure manuals, etc., to plan and prepare for the audit
- Developing an audit plan and preparing an audit planning memo that outlines the current situation, identifies areas of potential risk, and describes the steps to complete the audit.
- Writing and updating narratives of areas being audited.
- Coordinating and interacting with management, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit agencies, as needed.
- Completing the audit by examining, testing, verifying and evaluating operational areas as required.
- Engaging in preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency and documenting the responses.
- Compiling and evaluating audit findings; preparing and presenting the results of audit work and making recommendations to implement audit findings.
- Monitors and tracks the implementation of audit findings and recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Reports findings to the Audit Senior.