Back to Results
Location: Chicago Region
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is a top flight healthcare organization located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. They are looking for multiple individuals to join their patient registration teams throughout the northern suburbs including Glenview, Waukegan, Gurnee, Libertyville and Deerfield.
These patient registrars are the first contact that patients have with the organization either on the phone or in person and as such, the registrars serve a crucial role in helping a patient to navigate their path of service.
Questions to ask yourself if you are interested in this position:
- Why do I like to help others?
- Am I able to help others who might come to me frustrated and needing help?
- Do I have an outgoing and friendly demeanor?
- Do I enjoy working in a team oriented environment?
- Register patients, schedule patient appointments, verify insurance, enter demographic data and collect copayments.
- Patient Registrars update patient accounts with registration, insurance, demographic, scheduling, and billing data
- Patient Registrars provide superior patient customer service in a fast paced environment both on the phone and in person with patients.
- Patient Registrars use Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point), medical software, and type 30+WPM
- We are looking for individuals who understand the importance of providing superior customer service to patients of all ages.
- Patient Registrars must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Outlook & electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Patient Registrars must demonstrate ability to type 40+WPM required (alphanumeric & 10-key typing)
- Patient Registrars must have prior experience with in person and phone patient customer service
- The following experience is extremely helpful however, individuals who come from a background in hospitality or from outside the healthcare arena but can articulate why they are passionate about helping others in a healthcare setting can also be considered.
- Should have 1+ years experience healthcare patient registration, scheduling, pre-registration, or insurance verification
- Patient Registrars should have prior experience verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned hospitals and physician groups
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation