Back to Results
Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Nashville Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is a top notch healthcare company looking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist due to growth. This is a direct hire opportunity with an unbeatable benefit package. Below are some details in reference to the position.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail for Accounts Payable.
- Review all invoices, uploads, expense reports, facility rent and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval and process for payment. Obtain approvals as necessary.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice documentation.
- Pays vendors timely monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop payments or purchase order amendments.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain approval, and distribute check runs accordingly.
- Enter all wire and ACH payments into accounts payable software in Peachtree/Sage.
- Verify and process Concur expenses. Process travel reimbursements.
- Process patient refunds.
- Maintain check log and void check log and obtain approvals.
- Assist with 1099 yearly processing and obtaining W9 information for new vendors.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly vendor statements, researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with training employees regarding our processes in accounts payable.
- Participate in the development of new procedures and policies.
- Process utility invoices and reconcile to ACH payments.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years’ experience working in accounts payable role.
- Excellent attention to details and multitasking.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility.
- Confidentiality with financial and employee information.
- Customer service oriented, a team player, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills.