Back to Results
Senior Billing Specialist
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client, a prestigious growing international law firm is looking for a Senior Billing Specialist to join their team. This position offers excellent work life balance with opportunity for future growth.
The position reports to the E-billing Supervisor and assists in phases of client billing, including submission, follow-up and communication with clients and partners related to electronically billed invoices. This is a detail oriented position with an emphasis on technical tasks, strong excel and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for regular monitoring of e-bills processing status and other necessary follow up to ensure successful processing and timely payment to the firm.
- Participate in the maintenance of client negotiated billing rate templates in the firm’s Billing Rate Management and ELITE systems.
- Responsible for submission and coordination of client invoice/e-bills to client and third party e-billing vendor websites utilizing e-billing templates and other software tools. This will include regular and frequent contact with Partners and other lawyers in the review and preparation of client invoices.
- Review timekeeper diaries and e-bills for compliance with client/vendor terms, including the processing of corrections as needed to minimize delays in uploading or rejection of the client invoices/e-bills. This will include regular and frequent contact with the Client Accounting Coordinators.
- Participate in the maintenance of Firm master files (e.g., Timekeeper names and hourly billing rates) in client and third party e-billing vendor systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years of legal billing experience
- Detail oriented and well organized individual with excellent writing and communications skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word