Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
A growing public accounting firm with an entrepreneurial environment and flexible schedule is looking for a Sr. Accountant due to growth. This organization has experience significant growth in the last 6 months and anticipates doubling the size of the organization over the next two years.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired
- CPA preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese a plus
- At least three years of experience providing accounting services to external clients
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)