Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our Client is looking for a Contract to hire Senior Accountant within the non-profit space. Role requires support and assistance with internal and external audit functions. Must have experience with Oracle software and working with Government contracts.
- Gathers and reviews financial data and information from various departments and sources, including compensation and fringe benefits, billing and accounts receivable and accounts payable, and prepares journal entries to transfer or distribute the data to the general ledger.
- Identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected items and reports them to the Director of Accounting.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to meet tight deadlines within a corporate accounting setting.
- Allocates distributed and shared costs across departments/functions as part of the month end close using agreed upon allocation methods.
- Prepares month end close journal entries relating to prepaid insurance and maintenance expenses, accounts payable, compensation related accruals, deferred revenue, recording postage and other usage based costs and miscellaneous reclassifications. Prepares the relevant schedules, reconciliations and account analysis.
- Analyzes various general ledger accounts and budget to actual variances.
-Must have the ability to prepare and record daily cash/credit deposits along with processing all daily receipts.
- Maintains the fixed assets subsidiary ledger including the disposition of obsolete items and the relevant postings and reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assists the Director of Accounting in the preparation of the year-end audit schedules, analysis and related work papers
- Assists the Director of Accounting with internal audit procedures and liaises with program supervisors and accounting staff to implement best practices.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities