Back to Results
Medical Billing Specialist
Location: Oklahoma City Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is seeking a rock-star Medical Billing Specialist. If you have 3+ years of recent medical billing experience, apply now! They highly prefer someone who is bilingual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel patients as to estimate costs of procedure and set up payment plans if appropriate.
- For patients with insurance - verify benefits, request pre-authorization for procedures, collect deductibles and co-insurance prior to procedure.
- For self-pay patients – verify proof of income for the sliding fee scale, collect payment and/or set up payment plans if appropriate.
- Enter the Out of Office encounter data in the EMR system with the appropriate codes and documentation so that it can be billed.
- Follow claims through processing to ensure payment from patient and/or insurance to include managing and working denials.
- Work with outside billing company on all third party claims to ensure payment on all claims and maximize revenue.
- Follow up with patients on payment plans and collections as necessary.
- Remain current on Medicaid/Medicare filing rules as well as Private Insurance.
- Responsible for monthly statements to patients.
- Responsible for communication with patients concerning billing and insurance if applicable.
- Responsible for assuring charges, adjustments are closed out on a daily basis.
- Prepare month end reports in a timely manner.
- Adhoc duties as assigned
Requirements, Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years recent experience with CPT and ICD-10 coding, familiarity with medical terminology as well as filing third party claims with a preference in medical procedures.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to accurately file third party claims and reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage relationships with various insurance payers as well as self-pay patients.
- Ability to make collections from patients.
- Computer experience including but not limited to practice management software, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients.
- Responsible use of confidential information and money.
- Perform to Variety Care standards of compliance with policies and procedures.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison’s Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation