Back to Results
SOX Analyst Contractor
Location: Oklahoma City Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is seeking a SOX Analyst contractor for a 3-6 month project. If you have a strong background with SOX compliance, apply now!
The Analyst, SOX PMO is responsible for monitoring the assessment of financial controls process in compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Steering Committee’s guidelines. This role ensures management’s control documentation is adequate and complete, assists management in determining “key” controls to be tested, coordinates the testing of assigned significant processes/accounts by Internal Audit, assists in the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of internal financial controls and the assessment of deficiencies identified, monitors management’s implementation of corrective actions through remediation and provides periodic reporting of gaps to management in conjunction with Internal Audit. Responsibilities include assisting in the annual mapping, risk assessment and scoping process, assisting management in evaluating the design of controls, providing reporting of the status of the annual assessment, monitoring the S-Ox database to ensure deficiencies are updated on a timely basis, and coordinating the completion of the audit work of the Internal Audit/outsourced staff and assisting in project administration and reporting.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities for the incumbent are to:
- Assist in the annual S-Ox 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company’s financial statements based on criteria defined each calendar period.
- Manage the coordination of management’s S-Ox 404 process controls documentation updates and review process controls to ensure adequate design and identification of “key” controls for assigned critical processes/accounts.
- Coordinate the completion of the annual S-Ox 404 Compliance Plan and audit work performed by Internal Audit in compliance with required timelines.
- Monitor the S-Ox database to ensure timely and accurate reporting of gaps and oversee the S-Ox “S” drive for access and updates for the retention of required audit and reporting documents.
- Liaison with the external auditors as required.
- Assist in project administration, risk analysis, database reporting, and periodic status updates of the Company’s 404 Compliance Plan and miscellaneous reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the timely completion of process owners’ control documentation including Control Point Documents (CPD), narratives, and flowcharts as required and review for adequate completion and identification of “key” controls in compliance with Company standards as applicable.
- Coordinate and review process owners’ Self-Assessment Confirmations for completeness and identification of deficiencies and related corrective actions.
- Coordinate requirements of the annual internal controls reviews performed by Internal Audit in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404 and Steering Committee guidelines to ensure completion within required timelines.
- Evaluate deficiencies reported in the operating effectiveness of “key” controls and the assessment of gaps, monitor management’s implementation of corrective actions and sustainability to ensure timely remediation.
- Coordinate the timely reporting of the status of testing with Internal Audit including ensuring that the S-Ox database is updated and management is provided periodic reporting.
- Liaison with the external auditors responding to any issues on a timely basis and coordinate requests with Internal Audit and management as required.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA certification required/MBA and/or CIA/CISA certification optional)
- 4+ years of experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience/ S-Ox 404 audit experience; must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404 and the Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standards.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Standards of the United States, Security and Exchange reporting requirements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and other applicable professional guidance
- Sufficient knowledge of Company business and accounting operations and policies
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of external auditor requirements and reporting
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective managerial skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proficient in use of PC and various software including Excel, Word, Access, Visio Flowcharting, etc.
- Works effectively with Company management and with external parties
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison’s Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation