Back to Results
Location: Philadelphia Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
This Addison Group client is a thriving startup and they are rapidly expanding their Accounting department in Center City. This is a Contract role with a potential to go permanent and compensation will commensurate with experience.
The Cash A/R Staff Accountant will be responsible for leading the accounts receivable functions. Our successful candidate will be strategically focused, detail oriented, organized, conscientious, and committed to the success of our business while ensuring business adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Leads the daily cash reconciliation, credit card receivables, customer deposits, store credit and credit card chargeback monitoring processes.
- Performs financial analyses, journal entries, and/or reports such as bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, accruals etc. with minimal supervision. Designs, creates, and/or substantially modifies those same items.
- Researches and analyzes simple to moderately complex accounting issues to determine the appropriate accounting treatment with minimal supervision. Provides analysis and reporting of such issues to management.
- Reviews and analyzes accounts receivable and customer deposits aging data and takes appropriate actions to maintain aged balances at minimal levels.
- Interacts directly with managers in analyzing financial and budget-to-actual data.
- Reviews and approves the work of the accounting clerks.
- Helps train accounting clerks and monitors workflow for same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or finance with at least three to five (3-5) years of progressive accounting experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to analyze and trouble shoot data to solve problems.
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative is required as is the flexibility to work over-time.
- Strong system skills including experience with a large ERP system such as Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to work independently and make judgments in order to minimize exposure or risk to the company.
- Ability to innovate and improve processes.
- Adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects.
- Possesses the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department to complete assignments on time and accurately.
- Possesses openness in their problem-solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of others.