Back to Results
Director, Operational Accounting
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Working for a Global company that is a leader in software and Information solutions, this person will be part of the strong group of leaders.
- Set strategic direction of the group by managing the team’s portfolio of initiatives and projects to ensure alignment with the senior management team’s objectives to support the Company’s projected growth.
- Collaborate closely with and have the ability to influence strategic decision making with executives outside of Finance that interact closely with Technical Operations, Commercial operations, Legal and Human Resources.
- Strong leadership of Accounting Operations and Global Process Transformation teams, including:
- Establish clear goals, objectives and priorities that communicate a vision of the future
- Ensure roadmaps and project plans are developed that to action the vision and strategy to drive best practices.
- An inspiring people leader with a positive and optimistic attitude that can influence and collaborate well with others and cultivate a high performing team by motivating individuals to achieve their best.
- Develop appropriate metrics and KPI’s to monitor baseline performance and improvements.
- Understands and communicates overall corporate and functional direction, and ensures that the work of the department is integrated and consistent such objectives.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Administration or Finance with Accounting emphasis or work experience, Certified Public Accountant experience.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with a strong emphasis on both management of the transaction cycles and the related GAAP accounting (public accounting firm experience and CPA strongly preferred).
- Experience with directing and leading a dynamic team of professionals comprised of many disciplines. Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate and influence are critical.