Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is looking for a Tax Manager for their client in Northern VA!
- Oversight and review of income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 and communicate key results to management and cross-functional teams with Pattern; including performing detailed review of material items, complex issues, and risk intensive areas.
- Oversight, drafting, and review of income tax footnote, disclosures, other quarterly close filings, and presentations of quarterly close results to management.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit on SOX compliance initiatives including control and process improvement, etc.
- Perform as lead on special ASC 740 related projects as requested by management including but not limited to M&A, special transactions, technical issues documentation, business process management, etc.
- Monitor existing and emerging tax accounting issues under ASC 740, and SEC regulations, including researching and quantifying any impact to the company’s financial statements.
- Liaise with and provide responses to internal and external auditors during the quarterly audit cycle; work with outside vendors and internal departments on tax technology development, improvement and implementation.
- Manage the corporate team of professionals and outside Vendors in all aspects of ASC 740 preparation, review, and reporting.
- Ability to research and communicate technical tax issues to Management, and prepare and maintain relevant and organized work papers and memorandum.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar discipline required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years progressive experience in public accounting or at a large business
- Supervisory skills required
- Big 4 background is preferred
- Experience with partnership tax is preferred
- Experience with Thomson Reuters OneSource tax software program, a plusAdvanced Excel skills, a plus
- Tax specific skills