Back to Results
Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The accounting manager is responsible for managing the accounting department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable departments
- Monthly financial closing and reporting
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Oversee operational banking activities
- Provide solutions for policies and procedures improvements (automating daily transactions)
- Special accounting projects and financial analysis
- Train and develop the accounting department
- Cash Flow Management
- Inventory counts, policies, procedures
- Working with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills
- Excel Super user (Pivot tables, data analysis, & Macro writing preferred)
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus seven years of accounting experience.
- 2 - 3 years public accounting experience
- Great Plains experience
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Presentation skills.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required.