Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor in the Northern Virginia area.
- Participates in and/or conducts financial statement audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, investigations, and other operational/compliance, or IT audits, ranging from detailed transaction testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations.
- Candidate will be expected to effectively carry on other detail investigations requested by management, and performs special projects related to department administration, financial analysis, etc.
- Participates in the modification/development of audit programs, including administrative areas of an audit, such as planning and wrap-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business related field from and accredited university.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with a public/regional accounting firm, with first-hand experience auditing large government contracting corporations a plus.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, and possesses assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Uses time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and demonstrates ability to manage time, should be able to both work independently, and facilitate a team environment.