Back to Results
Location: Nashville Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
We are searching for a Non-Profit Accountant for one of our clients located in Nashville! The Accountant will perform a variety of duties related to the compilation, reporting and updating of financial information.
- Process approved fiscal documents to disburse payments
- Verifies/reconciles computer data against accounting records; determines general ledger codes/accounts required for processing payments
- Receive and process credit card transactions and payments
- Prepares, reviews and batches accounting documents; performs cashiering functions; sets up payments charges to accounts.
- Verifies and receives receipts from departments that fiscal transactions have been properly documented in account and cash journals from source documents
- Reconciles multiple cash accounts, receivable accounts, contracts, and leases utilizing spreadsheet and software applications.
- Maintains, reviews, analyzes, correct, and reconciles financial data and transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Researches, compiles, and reports federal, state, and local grant-related financial information in compliance with contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience general accounting experience
- Knowledgeable in bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable