Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client, a growth technology firm in the DC metro area, is looking to bring on a Staff Accountant to help grow and improve their Accounting & Finance team. The role will work directly with the Controller, and be critical in all aspects of Operational Accounting and the month-end close process.
- Review journal entries and analyze general ledger accounts.
- Support month-end close, including leading-out some aspects of it.
- Book journal entries as needed.
- Assist with internal control narratives, P/O system, and approval processes around purchases.
- Reconcile cash and other balance sheet transactions.
- Manage fixed asset transactions and inventory.
- Assist with month- and quarter-close processes.
- Help with preparing reporting packages.
- Assist in all aspects of preparing and reviewing work papers and performing variance analyses.
- Process and oversee vendor payments and employee payroll.
- Reconcile team members’ credit card statements and expense reimbursement reports.
- Assist with audit schedule, 1099s, budgeting and general leader accounting.
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably in receivables, payables, or accounting operations.
- Experience recording journal entries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Prior experience with Netsuite.
- Global accounting and closing experience.