Back to Results
Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position is an integral part of the Finance Department. The successful candidate must enjoy interacting with people, be accommodating, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Accounts Payable Specialist should be dynamic and present a professional image and composure. He/she must have experience handling multiple tasks within the department and have a very high attention to detail.
The ideal candidate should 1) have thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures, and 2) have the ability to carry out direction with minimal supervision and possess effective organizational and time management skills. He/she will be a key part of the finance team with specific accounting responsibilities.
- Accounts payable processing, including invoice submission through OfficeCast; weekly check, ACH, and wire processing; credit card and Concur T&E reimbursement processing
- Out-of-cycle manual and urgent check/ACH/wire payments
- Posting AP journal entries, ongoing and year-end 1099 maintenance/filing
- Bank Reconciliations – assisting with journal entries, month-end reconciliation processing, statement maintenance, check deposits and recording the related journal entries
- Maintain and organize accounting files, vendor files, journal entry records, accounting supplies, etc.
- Maintain and process finance team FedEx, UPS, or priority mail
- Perform other general office duties/projects as required (i.e. scanning, filing, document retrieval, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Assist with monthly closing, such as reconciliations and prep supporting schedules.
- Secondary administrative tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Organize/coordinate finance team meetings, monthly team lunches, and other social events.
- Greet finance team guests, manage conference room usage and location for the finance team and ensure that each meeting has what is necessary to run meetings effectively
- Answer certain executives’ phone calls, manage calendar and meeting coordination
- Prefer degreed individual with 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- The individual must excel at professional correspondence, especially on the telephone and through email, and must be motivated and hard-working
- The individual must be mature, diplomatic, and honor the company’s code of confidentiality regarding exposure to private information
- Computer savvy, strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Microsoft Office proficiency are required
- The individual must be friendly and work well with a team. Concur, payroll processing and database/spreadsheet knowledge a plus