Back to Results
Entry Level Finance/ Accounting
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract
Our client, one of the top 50 consulting firms in the U.S. has a need for a Credit Analyst.
This is an entry-level position responsible for assisting Credit Officers under direct supervision by providing basic analytical support relating to due diligence, document processing, and financial/statistical analyses related to transactions, credit approval and ongoing monitoring of closed transactions.
- Enter financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheets software programs for analysis. Perform simple spreads.
- Provide information to Credit Officers and offers some opinions concerning client's credit worthiness.
- Prepare summary and/or credit approval reports documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- At this level, entry positions are still developing credit analysis skills, and acquiring knowledge of basic principles of special assets credit relationships as well as appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and practices.
- At this level, experience may also be acquired through up to two years of directly related experience that may include time spent in a formal credit-training program.
- Continue course work through CNB Credit Boot Camp.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics
- Must be capable of working well independently and in teams.
- General knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Some ability to analyze credits, as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and sources and uses of cash.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans and loan treatments.