Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client, a Non-Profit located in D.C is seeking a CPA, Sr. Accountant to join their team. Great mission, 100 percent paid healthcare along with other great benefits!
An ideal candidate is going to be passionate about a mission driven organization and have five to seven years of experience preparing financial reports, preparing journal entries for month-end, assisting with internal audits, and assisting the deportment with various special assignments.
- Perform daily general ledger functions such as cash and trading account reconciliation
- Mange monthly close process
- Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable and accounts payable sub ledgers
- Assist in preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly FINRA reporting requirements
- Work with internal and external auditors to coordinate the provision of full and timely information.
- Collaborate with CFO on preparation of firm consolidation reporting and intracompany reconciliation process
- Assist with responses to requests from outside regulators and internal management
- Support the annual external audit of financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responses to auditor questions and requests
- Work closely with Compliance, Risk, and COO to review new trading initiatives and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, field of study in Accounting preferred.
- CPA or graduate degree in accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a public accounting with not-for-profit experience or in a not-for-profit organization. At least 1 of those years as a senior associate.
- Strong knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for not-for-profit entities, IFRS a plus.
- Strong month-end close experience a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to see a project from start to completion.
- Previous experience with financial audit and financial reporting required.
- Previous experience in technical accounting/accounting policy strongly desired.
- Eye for detail and the ability to analyze large volumes of data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills; required to communicate authoritatively with all levels.
- Strong analytical and business skills.
- Prior experience developing new procedures and tools to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Deltek Costpoint experience not required but a plus.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel.
**This individual must have experience with intercompany reconciliations