Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client, a prominent accredited university is looking for a Senior Accountant to support the office of the Controller in daily tasks including monthly close activities, financial statement analysis, accounting research, account reconciliations and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Develop and lead training sessions on new procedures and processes issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Review contracts to assess financial impact and proper documentation in accordance with GAAP and FASB
- Prepare high level analytics on the Financial Statements for executive reports and quarterly audits.
- Forge relationships with operation groups and other functional accounting teams supporting financial accounting and reporting for the organization.
- Oversee the month-end close, including complex general ledger accounting entries, expense and revenue recognition and account analytics and roll forward schedules.
- Prepare documentation and support audits and compliance processes.
- Prepare account review and propose required journal entries.
- Efficiently perform accounting research by navigating accounting databases to find the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience in a large publicly traded company and/or public accounting.
- Ability to assess priorities, assign resources and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Robust project management skills, and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability.
- Superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Strong individual with excellent oral and written communication, articulate, detail oriented and accounting research skills.
- Broad technical understanding of accounting principles and procedures through experience at large publicly traded companies and/or public accounting.
- Experience in writing accounting notes and performing accounting research.
- Able to perform full cycle general ledger accounting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker with ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Documented success as innovator and creative problem solver.
- High level of experience using Microsoft Excel and various accounting software’s including a large ERP system like PeopleSoft, SAP and Oracle.