Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client, a large institution in the DC Metro area, is looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join their organization.
- Understand underlying business and related processes as foundation for responsibilities.
- Prepare journal entries based on review of supporting reconciliations and schedules.
- Strong involvement in the various items related to Financial Statement Preparation
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Process monthly bank activity journals related to line of credit, fees, and interest.
- Perform monthly bank statement reconciliations and maintain Cash Management sub-ledger for domestic accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets sub-ledger, including monthly FA additions, retirements, running/booking depreciation expense, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Maintain Prepaid Asset sub-ledger, including monthly additions, amortization, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Review AP reports and general ledger detail for coding discrepancies and perform re-classes as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of the month-end close package, including Balance Sheet and Income Statement fluctuation analysis and preparation of the executive slide deck.
- Perform ad hoc reviews and analysis, as needed.
- Maintain adequate internal controls
- Support Accounting Manager, Asst. Controller and Controller as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business, with at least 5 years of experience in General Ledger accounting.
- Exposure to Financial Statement Prep
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or serious pursuit of CPA
- Highly detail and deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a high paced multi-tasking environment.