Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
We have several clients in the DMV area seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. Sectors range from non-profit to large corporate companies in a variety of industries.
The Senior Accountant is accountable for assisting in the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the companies reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- General Ledger Maintenance, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation
- Maintain and reconcile inter-company account balances
- Fixed Asset recordkeeping and reporting
- Completion of monthly and year-end financial close process
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Participation in the company’s annual external audit process
- Support for the Accounting Department with various reporting and analyses
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 to 6 years of experience required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience in computerized financial systems required. (SAP,Oracle Peoplesoft.)
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- *The ideal candidate will have their CPA and experience using a large ERP system*