Back to Results
Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Reston Region
Category: Finance & Accounting
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking an Internal Auditor in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Successfully complete assigned audit engagements in the areas of operations, finance, and compliance.
- Through analysis and knowledge of regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, accounting standards, operational and industry best practices and professional guidelines, develop risk based work plans to complete audit and control objectives.
- The Internal Auditor identifies potential issues and process efficiencies and communicates with the Manager of Internal Audit to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- The Internal Auditor drafts audit reports that are clear, concise and include both the impact and root cause of the issue identified.
- Prefer 3 years’ experience in internal audit, consulting or public accounting (Sarbanes Oxley compliance, COSO, GAAP, etc.)
- CPA/CIA certification preferred
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Experience standardizing company policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills