Back to Results
Social Work Supervisor
Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Contract
EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY!
Social Work Supervisor
Contract to hire
Our non-profit client is looking for an LCSW to join their team as a supervisor.
- Works very closely with Program Director on general functioning of the prevention program.
- Supervise, train and evaluate staff, and students around casework, group work, home visits and advocacy.
- Maintain supervisory and casework logs.
- Review workers FASP’s, case recording and PROMIS/statistical recording and ensure timely completion.
- Schedule, facilitate and/or participate in required conferences with families, community partners and ACS using the FTC Model, when needed.
- Monitor to ensure that FTCs are completed within the timeframes and appropriately documented.
- Accompany workers on home visits, as needed.
- Evaluate individual worker’s training needs.
- Conduct evaluation and annual staff performance reviews.
- Supervise Administrative Assistant, when needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and integrate Prevention families with other GSS programs, where appropriate.
- Liaison with ACS on-site monitor.
- Encourage the creation and implementation of any new service.
- Coordinate intakes and case assignments.
- Monitor opening process for ADV cases.
- Participate in Service Termination Conferences.
- Participate in staff hiring.
- Represent the program/agency at appropriate external and internal meetings.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call coverage.
- Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution Based Casework: assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
- Facilitate case consultation and offer support and guidance to ensure staff are adhering to the tenets of SBC.
- Integrate the practices of SBC into every supervisory session
- Participate in continued SBC training, coaching and the SBC certification process.
- Any other duties, where appropriate.
- LCSW preferred.
- 3 years experience in child welfare setting required.
- Must have at least 2 years supervisory experience post MSW.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Connections and PROMIS a plus.