Back to Results
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HIM Director- New Hampshire
- Provides management oversight, coordination, training, and education for the hospital coding, Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI), and Health Information Management (HIM) functions.
- Direct the overall day-to-day activities of hospital coding Services, Clinical Documentation Improvement , and all Health Information Management functions.
- Maintain an understanding of documented and undocumented intra-departmental and interdepartmental information management functions so as to be able to move to a future state that leverages e-HIM best practices.
- Create and manage the Enterprise plan for the advancement and use of document imaging to support data management and timely access to information throughout the entire health system.
- Develop long term strategies to meet the expanding and changing needs of the organization.
- Develop and maintain productivity standards to ensure efficiencies throughout departments.
- Prepare education plans for staff to include ongoing training, performance feedback, and long term staff development.
- Develop all policies, procedures and guidelines necessary to ensure consistent, accurate, and complete records.
- Strive to maintain EHS's designation as a stage 6 EMR adoption organization and work to move the organization to a stage 7.
- Support Enterprise Transcription Services, Release of Information, and Document Management in an interactive scanning and electronic document environment; provide management and support of VNA medical record processing and New Hampshire Birth Registry functions.
- Prepare annual budget with written justification of staffing, operational needs, information technology, and capital equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of personnel through annual performance reviews.
- Recruit, select, develop, retain, and motivate staff to ensure the maintenance of a highly credentialed and competent team.
- Review the quality of internal coders' work to ensure at least 96% accuracy rate.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a clinical documentation program designed to achieve Elliot's strategic objectives around documentation accuracy.
- Ensure that the standards of the CDI program are consistently achieved.
- Manage the proper balance between Electronic Data Exchange and HIPAA Privacy and Security.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge as it relates to, but not limited to, EMR development, technology, and industry initiatives such as EHR's, PHR's, patient portals, HIE, and ARRA and their effects on HIM practices today and in the future.
- Experience with Dragon and voice recognition technology and how it integrates with EMR systems.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows in both a paper based and electronic environment.
- Significant experience with a fully developed electronic medical record (EMR).
- Significant knowledge of ICD-10 coding requirements.
- Experience with concurrent coding reviews and clinical documentation improvement.
- Knowledge of regulations and accreditation standards; knowledge of specific state and federal requirements and standards related to the management of health information.
- Knowledge of privacy and security regulations, confidentiality, laws, and access and release of information practices.
- Ability to work independently and to develop strategic proposals.
- Possession of skills in information management and information technology.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with physicians and managerial staff at all levels.
- Ability to prepare and execute on staff training plans.
- RHIA or RHIT
- 10+ years of coding and HIM experience
- 5 years of management experience