Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Contract
Addison group is currently working with multiple well-known nonprofit organizations located in Midtown, New York. We are looking for temp to hire Case Managers that have experience with various demographic population such as: geriatric community, family and children.
- Preliminary screening of applicants for service at case intake, screening for program eligibility, conducting triage for emergency intervention, ascertaining short-term need, and providing accurate and offering appropriate information and referral services to clients, families and collaterals.
- The provision of In-Home and In-Office Assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments (i.e. PSA, EISEP-PATH); securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants.
- The development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the older adult client(s) and family, including:
- Individual and family counseling and guidance in the resolution of problems of the client(s) and family.
- The provision of appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy.
- The provision of specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the older client.
- Screening of client eligibility, and application for such benefits and entitlements as may be available and helpful.
- The arrangement for direct provision of services such as homemaker, home health aide, public assistance, Medicare, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, legal aid, protective services, vocational placement, medical and psychiatric examination and therapy, housing, etc.
- Evaluation of clients' capacity to manage their own affairs and protect themselves from financial exploitation. Assistance in securing needed and legitimate financial management or guardianship arrangements.
- Ongoing in-home visits to clients to evaluate client functioning, monitor risk, assess the status of current services, and update and revise the case plan; seeking appropriate guidance from the supervisor in situations requiring clarification and consultation.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social work or a related field (required)
- 3+ years as a social worker preferred
- Experience in leading groups and developing a group curriculum
- Familiarity with Welfare policy and procedure
- Bilingual in English/ Spanish is a plus
- Excellent communication, writing and computer skills