Location: NY / JC Region
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The role of the LCSW Clinical Supervisor within the Case Management team will be to introduce and provide clinical supervision and engage individuals and/or families in long term services within the community. S/he is responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical supervision to LMSWs working with clients within Transitional Housing. The Clinical Supervisor will have EBP, individual/group counseling experience including assessments, treatment plans, case management, crisis intervention, formulating discharge plans, and individual /collateral counseling. The Clinical Supervisor may conduct family counseling and integrated care coordination as needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures that LMSWs are providing clinical case management to identified individuals and families
• Ensures that each LMSW manages a caseload responsibility for up 25 clients
• Participates in intake process to formulate a psychosocial and realistic treatment plan
• Collaborates with Win Team and outside agencies engaged with families for follow up and ensure consistency in the delivery of services
• Identifies families and/or individuals who are in need of a higher level of service including; victims of domestic violence, families with active ACS cases, individuals exhibiting signs of mental illness or substance abuse; non-compliant or hostile and aggressive clients
• Participates in the development of Quality Improvement projects
• Participates in interdisciplinary care planning
• Provides individual, collateral and group mental health, substance use, and harm reduction/recovery counseling
• Reports significant observations and interactions with clients
• Makes referrals to agencies and community resources
• Maintains appropriate case record documentation and statistical reports and prepares other reports in accordance with Win and regulatory agencies
• Research and make recommendations for training opportunities outside of the agency.
• Responsible for ensuring that all programs are meeting the performance measures and seeking to enhance and adjust the program as needed to best serve the clients.
• Provides clinical supervision, coaching and development to LMSWs
• Ensures that all LMSWs maintain current and accurate confidential case records, which includes intake, assessment, follow-up evaluations, progress reports, consultations and recommendations.
• Ensures the training of the LMSWs in the utilization of the Uniform Client Chart (CARES)
• Provides and ensures on-going individual training so that the client chart is appropriately utilized as a tool to document all case activity and is complete, accurate at all times