Back to Results
Physician Coder (2)
Location: Chicago Region
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- Full understanding of client encounter forms.
- Use extensive coding knowledge to append specific CPT and/or ICD-9 or 10 codes to services rendered based off encounters received or documentation.
- Add CPT/ICD-9/10 codes into PM system.
- Review/print daily recap reports from coding batches as deemed necessary.
- Maintain coding questions/send backs to clients; follow up as necessary for appropriate billing.
- Update client master log on a daily basis.
- Audit coding batches as deemed necessary by manager.
- Ability to code all office visits for all specialties.
- Send appropriate client communications on a daily/weekly basis as needed.
- Appropriate knowledge of CMS guidelines and ability to apply accurately.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM (ICD-10 preferred), CPT-4, HCPCS coding conventions.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology, as well as medical terminology.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Enjoy working in a face paced environment, independently.
- Able to work as part of a team and with coworkers.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines without being micromanaged.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analyze issues and generate creative solutions.
- Desire to look for efficiencies/improvements within department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a certified/licensed coder and renew/revalidate credentials yearly (or as required) with either AAPC or AHIMA.
- Experience with Orthopedic coding a plus
- Experience with the following medical billing software preferred but not necessary
- Allscripts Vision, Allscripts Professional (PM), Intergy, Optium Caretracker, GE Centricity, E-ClinicalWorks, NextGen, Web PT, Accela
- Experience with the following EHR systems
- SRS, E-scribe, E-Record, Chartlogic,
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned hospitals and physician groups
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation