Back to Results
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Medical Coding Educator
- Conduct planned coding reviews and communicate coding errors and inaccuracies to coders, physicians, and billing staff as applicable.
- Perform random chart audits.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new coding guidelines and issues.
- Identify documentation improvement needs and DRG shifts; work with physicians and CDI Specialists to improve clinical documentation.
- Act as a liaison to the medical staff and clinical documentation team for various projects and initiatives.
- Perform analysis of CNMC coding and productivity data against industry benchmarking standards as applicable.
- Ensure billed services are being accurately coded and analyze denials data as it pertains to code assignment.
- Participate in coding and reimbursement meetings.
- At least 5 years of experience of progressive coding experience with at least 3 years facilitating professional and technical procedure and diagnosis coding education and training to coders, physicians, clinical documentation specialists & healthcare personnel as well as managing all activities related to training programs in an acute care setting with experience in professional and technical, Inpatient and Outpatient diagnosis and procedure, observation, clinic, emergency room, outpatient procedure & same day surgery. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook functions preferred. 3M Encoder experience preferred.
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries for you using the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and you are eligible for bonuses
- Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits AND 401K match
- Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You are connected directly with hiring managers from hospitals, physician groups, and healthcare consulting companies
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
- Urgency: Your level of urgency to find your next career matches our level of urgency
Keywords: Healthcare, Medical, Medical Coding, Medical Coder, Professional Coder, Outpatient Coder, Outpatient Coding, Inpatient Coder, Inpatient Coding, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, Health Information Management, HIM, Hospital, Physician, Clinic, Patient, Payment, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Claims, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, HIPAA, Electronic Medical Record, EMR, EPIC, Cerner, Medisoft, Meditech, IDX, Point Click Care, Allegra, McKesson, AS400, Nextgen, Allscripts, eClinical Works, Mysis, Tiger, Centricity, Citrix, Athena, eCare, NEBO, Sorian