Back to Results
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Medical Coding Educator
- Conduct planned coding reviews and communicate coding errors and inaccuracies to coders, physicians, and billing staff as applicable.
- Perform random chart audits.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new coding guidelines and issues.
- Identify documentation improvement needs and DRG shifts; work with physicians and CDI Specialists to improve clinical documentation.
- Act as a liaison to the medical staff and clinical documentation team for various projects and initiatives.
- Perform analysis of CNMC coding and productivity data against industry benchmarking standards as applicable.
- Ensure billed services are being accurately coded and analyze denials data as it pertains to code assignment.
- Participate in coding and reimbursement meetings.
- At least 5 years of experience of progressive coding experience with at least 3 years facilitating professional and technical procedure and diagnosis coding education and training to coders, physicians, clinical documentation specialists & healthcare personnel as well as managing all activities related to training programs in an acute care setting with experience in professional and technical, Inpatient and Outpatient diagnosis and procedure, observation, clinic, emergency room, outpatient procedure & same day surgery. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook functions preferred. 3M Encoder experience preferred.