Back to Results
Human Resources Generalist / Benefits Focus
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Direct Hire
This HireStrategy candidate is looking for a motivated HR professional, with experience within benefits administration, onboarding, recruiting and employee relations. The HR Generalist will be a key member of the HR department. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of Human Resources. He/she will be able to provide day to day administrative support and handle an array of HR operational responsibilities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees regarding onboarding and benefits questions
- Support HR Director and HR Manager in special HR projects
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports on various HR metrics, creating data visualizations for a diverse audience and identifying actionable insights through data analysis
- Support the efforts related to our performance management cycles, leveraging tools and resources
- Administrator for HRIS: responsible for entering and ensuring accuracy of all data in the system, e.g. demographics, compensation, benefit enrollments, etc. Processes personnel transactions, including hires and separations, maintains connection between HRIS and benefit providers, creates/updates positions, salary grades and benefits plans in accordance with Pacific Accountable Management (PAM) policy and plan provisions. Administers employee and manager self-service.
- Manage recruitment duties including screening resumes, writing job descriptions and conducting phone screens
- Scheduling interviews and serving as a liaison between candidates and hiring managers
- Maintain accurate personnel files for employees.
- Assemble recruitment, new hire and termination packets.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and exit interview schedules.
- Prepare HR operational forms and provide supporting documentation including i9 verification and processing.
- Coordinate and monitor background checks and credit screens process, when applicable.
- Maintain accurate job descriptions for all current company openings
- Coordinate employee trainings, seminars and special engagements.
- Answer employee questions regarding benefits and company procedures
- Provide support for additional projects and ad-hoc reporting
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, Organization Studies or a related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, preferably iCims, ADP Workforce Now or Workday, and ATS, preferably Taleo or Bullhorn
- Ability to work independently and willing to learn
- Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills