Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
HireStrategy is recruiting for a well-networked Recruiter for a contract to permanent opportunity. Our client, a non-profit focused on research and analysis, is looking for a Senior Recruiter with at least 8 years of full-cycle recruitment experience. This person will be recruiting candidates internally, as well as, externally (heavy international projects) and will manage the global full-cycle recruitment process from sourcing, interviewing, hiring and offers for full-time permanent positions, internships and contract workers.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand the business unit/division/department profile, goals, and talent requirements.
- Pro-actively source qualified, diverse, active and passive candidates to fill vacancies and build an internal and external pipeline of talent through traditional and emerging recruiting channels, including: internal and external networks, posting ads, attending job fairs and industry events, and utilizing social media, job boards and online electronic resources.
- Conduct recruitment outreach efforts to targeted community groups and applicants, and assess effectiveness of recruitment efforts. Make cold calls and be proactive to get to know candidates to build an active network and pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates.
- Evaluate and screen candidates and prepare background profiles for evaluation. Schedule interviews with hiring managers and others as required, communicate interview feedback and facilitate final hiring decision.
- Manage university relations program including developing relationships with universities and organizations and researching and implementing new ways to reach out to recent graduates (with a focus on Ph.D. and Master’s candidates).
- Actively and consistently utilize applicant tracking system (ATS) and other recruitment tracking tools to ensure timely and accurate documentation of applicant data throughout the process.
- Manage and regularly report on recruiting program effectiveness and efficiency through metrics and open requisition reports.
- Partner with the HR management team to provide quality HR services in the areas of performance management, diversity, workforce and succession planning.
- Work with Lead Recruiting Assistant and other HR colleagues to coordinate and provide logistical support for recruiting events and new hire onboarding process.
- Partner with Contracts POC and HR Director to develop, review and execute search firm contracts, as appropriate
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
- At least 8-10 years fast paced, solid recruiting experience, international and/or government contracting recruiting a plus
- Active in a strong network of industry related groups
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with
- candidates/clients at all levels
- Strong leadership capability that influences teamwork, collaboration and partnership